• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microwave/Convection Combo

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
We have a combination microwave/convection oven in our travel trailer, so I bought one to replace our microwave in our house. It's really nice and easy to program

convection.jpg

Last edited:
That unit looks sharp! I have a conventional oven and MW both here an at my cabin. I do have an air fryer that is essence a convection oven and we love it.
I recently replaced my home MW with a Whirlpool MW / hood combo that looks quite similar. I only assume from your pic that your unit is also a vented or recirculating hood over the range. I wish I had seen or at least been aware such a unit existed.

Upvote 0
That unit looks sharp! I have a conventional oven and MW both here an at my cabin. I do have an air fryer that is essence a convection oven and we love it.
I recently replaced my home MW with a Whirlpool MW / hood combo that looks quite similar. I only assume from your pic that your unit is also a vented or recirculating hood over the range. I wish I had seen or at least been aware such a unit existed.

I also have a Air Fryer , but i've actually never used it yet.

Upvote 0
It's a decent tool. We were needing a new toaster and desired to try air frying so we bought the combo. It's a great tool but to be honest, we don't use it a great deal. Frying foods creates a mess to clean up. It is healthier which is to my wife's liking. I'm old school and not diet or health conscience and love to fry meats and poultries and make gravy out of the drippings.

Upvote 0
That looks like the real deal. Placing my air fryer on a cart was a win win deal for us. I live in a small older home. Besides the lack of counter space, they had no clue the power demands the future would hold for the modern kitchen. With the cart setting in the dining area, it not only freed up precious counter but put it on a circuit that sees less demand. It's not ideal but I'm not going to move. :)

Upvote 0
"......they had no clue the power demands the future would hold for the modern kitchen....."

When I changed my range hood to a microwave, I discovered they tapped off the bathroom circuit. Running the microwave and a hair dryer would blow the circuit. It was an easy fix, but it was really dumb they tapped off the bathroom circuit for the range hood in the kitchen. .

Upvote 0
My entire house was under wired. I had my service upgraded when I added a hot tub years ago and with the added power and breaker options I was able to split some circuits and add some home runs to the house. I added a twenty amp for my MW and a twenty for my dishwasher. I added two 20 amp circuits to my office. I also added two GFI outdoor circuits while I was upgrading. There is a limit what can be done to an existing home however. It was a real struggle for years that took scheduling to avoid tripping a breaker. It's not ideal now but far improved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones