• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Milestone 2 (Europe GB) SMS stock apk problem

omnimj

Sep 28, 2011
Milestone 2 (MotoA953, Europe GB firmware version MILS2_U6_2.2.16) problem with native SMS apk.
I have already asked for the assistance regarding this issue.
After I rooted M2 (z4root.apk), on some way I disabled (first froze, than moved Text Messaging_2.2.apk from system folder) and put it in SD/backups/app folder.
I have tried many times (using ROM Manager Premium and ROM Toolbox) to re-instal the apk but no chance.
Currently I,m using Handecnt sms.apk without any problem.
Does somebody have any idea where can I download native Text Messaging_2.2.apk for Milestone 2, or some similar stock apk, that I can re-instal on my phone and use it again.

Szadzik? Can you help me this time?

Milestone 2 (MotoA953, Europe GB firmware version MILS2_U6_2.2.16) problem with native SMS apk.
I have already asked for the assistance regarding this issue.
After I rooted M2 (z4root.apk), on some way I disabled (first froze, than moved Text Messaging_2.2.apk from system folder) and put it in SD/backups/app folder.
I have tried many times (using ROM Manager Premium and ROM Toolbox) to re-instal the apk but no chance.
Currently I,m using Handecnt sms.apk without any problem.
Does somebody have any idea where can I download native Text Messaging_2.2.apk for Milestone 2, or some similar stock apk, that I can re-instal on my phone and use it again.

Szadzik? Can you help me this time?

I do not have 2.2 stock as I have been 2.3.4 for some time now. I can upload the one included in that version.

Remember, that you do not need to install it. Just put it into \system\app folder and set permissions to Owner, Group, Others as Read and Owner Write.

P.S. On a second thought, you will be better off flashing a service version of the SBF from here:
sbf:milestone2 [And Developers]

The service version is a version for firmware that does not erase any settings from your phone, just updates the system parts of it.

Upvote 0
Thank you Szadzik.
I would rather try the first solution you suggested - 2.3.4 stock.
Can you send apk to omnimj@gmail.com or using some other way?

The SBF solution seams to be to complicated for me at the moment.
Maybe if the previous one doesn't work on my M2.In that case your instructions would be welcome.

BR
Micha

PS: I assume Szadzik is your name or nick name. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
I'll disappoint you.My skills are not so good to this by my own.
SMS apk: I did everything you instructed:copied messaging.apk into the system/app folder, gave the permissions, reboot etc. but nothing happened.

SBF: the same - installed RSD lite (v4.5.3), downloaded sbf, came into bootloader mode (prior USB debugging applied), USB drivers, connected to PC etc. Than Start in RSD lite but nothing happened.
I tried with RSD lite v4.9 but nothing happened.The RSD screen was "frozen" although I pressed Start. It seamed RSD didn't recognize the phone.

Maybe I did something wrong?
I'll send you the RSD lite (v.4.5.3) screen image to g-mail.

Upvote 0
I'll disappoint you.My skills are not so good to this by my own.
SMS apk: I did everything you instructed:copied messaging.apk into the system/app folder, gave the permissions, reboot etc. but nothing happened.

SBF: the same - installed RSD lite (v4.5.3), downloaded sbf, came into bootloader mode (prior USB debugging applied), USB drivers, connected to PC etc. Than Start in RSD lite but nothing happened.
I tried with RSD lite v4.9 but nothing happened.The RSD screen was "frozen" although I pressed Start. It seamed RSD didn't recognize the phone.

Maybe I did something wrong?
I'll send you the RSD lite (v.4.5.3) screen image to g-mail.

As explained in the email I sent you.

1. Put the SBF in the root of your C drive.
2. Rename the SBF to something short.
3. This is a new step - Boot the device into Bootloader and then connect to the computer and try to flash it.

Upvote 0
Does it matter if the phone is rooted or not?
Bootloader on my phone is 70.12. Is that important for .sbf version that I will use?
.sbf version that I have is MILS2_U6_2.2.16_SIGNED_UCAMILESTONE2B1B80E100A.0R_UCXMILE20RTGB_P029_A007_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf

1. No.
2. Not important, but why are you installing an old version fo the system instead of a new one?

Upvote 0
I didn't know whether it was old or new.
I've just downloaded it.
I found somewhere the version from august 2011, but I saw the bootloader was 70.13.
As I told you, the bootloader in my phone is 70.12. I thought it was important.
As I remember and I so somewhere when I previously tried to use "the old" one that the version of bootloader was 70.12. so I chose the "old version".

Upvote 0
I didn't know whether it was old or new.
I've just downloaded it.
I found somewhere the version from august 2011, but I saw the bootloader was 70.13.
As I told you, the bootloader in my phone is 70.12. I thought it was important.
As I remember and I so somewhere when I previously tried to use "the old" one that the version of bootloader was 70.12. so I chose the "old version".

Try flashin teh bootloader first then. After that try flashing firmware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones