• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Misleading coverage

Here's the list of covered countries they send to you when ever you ask which covered countries you won't actually be covered in

https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6157794?hl=en

Still trying to find the correspondence in which the Google rep says that the US territory listed isn't actually covered... But I am failing to do so. And now that's kinda funny because the territory that's not actually covered doesn't have the "may change at any time without notice" attached to it like the other countries

According to that list Project Fi is available here in China. Well I can tell that Google is still definitely banned here and is blocked by the Great FireWall. I was only able to see that list because I'm using VPN. Google is apparently claiming coverage in countries where it doesn't.

Reactions: The drizz
Upvote 0
According to that list Project Fi is available here in China. Well I can tell that Google is still definitely banned here and is blocked by the Great FireWall. I was only able to see that list because I'm using VPN. Google is apparently claiming coverage in countries where it doesn't.

Maybe the community can compile a list of countries with known issues? Sticky worthy, but would have to be highly regulated and edited before it spirals out of control like this thread has

After a quick search of forums it seems that people are using fi in China but with mixed reviews about quality

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones