• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MLB PLayoffs 2022

I really don't follow baseball I think I lost interest in it after the strike back in the early 90's.
I occasionally do follow the Rockies and if I can catch a Rockies game on the TV I might watch it for a few minutes.
This season I didn't much attention to them, preoccupied with other things. I went back and looked at the season. It seems like they got off to a rocky start (no pun intended):D then seem to found their footing and went on a 4-5 game winning streak and then it was like the wind got sucked out of their sail. They lost seven games in row last month which didn't help and probably knocked them out of the wildcard series. They did alright against the dodgers. But the season is over for the Rockies.
For the team that will go all way and win the world series I am going to go with the Cleveland Guardians. I know absolutely nothing about them :thinking: I just choose them at random :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
Is it just me or does it seem like it's Dodger and Yanks then MLB and then the Royals and farm clubs? :)
why can't you include the Mets? they have been strong all year......same goes for the houston cheaters (but they cheat so who cares). the braves and mets are the two teams that scare me the most right now.

Upvote 0
Rooting for players, I hope Judge tears it up in the playoffs. Every home run he hits is a larger contract the Yankees are going to have to shell out. Make them pay for not signing him before he hit free agency.

I'm probably with @Clementine_3 and rooting for the Braves. Between ties back to Boston and the fact that I could watch more Braves games on TBS when I was a kid than Red Sox probably influences that. :p

Upvote 0
Baseball is a funny game. It's all about matchups and timing. Even a bad team can give an L to a great team on a given night. The playoffs and the world series are structured so that the best team advances. There are a lot of things that I do not care for in modern day baseball but I do like the playoffs as well as the WS. The best team prevails.
Don't fret. It's not like the do or die Super Bowl. The best team wins out.

Upvote 0
holy crap, i had to work late and i just got home to find that the Padres just killed the Mets. and it looks like all the wildcard teams beat the home team except for cleveland who beat tampa bay.....looks like some good fun for the wild card teams.

i just hope that the additional rest will help my boys in blue. i hope they do not get cold waiting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones