• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MODS] Stock rooted ROM's - ZVC/ZV4 Basebands - CWM 5.0.2.8/6.0.1.2

Wipe flash unroot and your good to go :) to unroot do 1) delete superuser.apk from /system/app/ 2) reboot(just to be sure) 3)download superuser from the play store 4)via file manager(root enabled) delete /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su you can also do this via adb. 5) uninstall superuser and reboot u should be stock and good to go :D

Thanks, I'll try this next time I see my bro.

1) delete superuser.apk from /system/app/
2) reboot(just to be sure)
3)download superuser from the play store
4)via file manager(root enabled) delete /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su you can also do this via adb.
5) uninstall superuser

Unrooting is this simple? :D

Upvote 0
If you flash a baseband, does it wipe my data and apps? And what is the big deal on whether you have a baseband mismatch?

The baseband mismatch will make a difference on what steps you have to take when installing either AOKP or CM10. Having the correct baseband eliminates a step that is needed if you are running Boost with a Sprint Baseband. That's the only difference that I know of. :D

Upvote 0
Man oh man..... this makes flashing CWM touch easy as pie. No more worries about getting stuck on a baseband now either.

I just flashed CWM touch for the 1st time on it's nice. Gonna give it a try for a bit. '

Thanks again Bloodawn!!

Will this version of touch flash basebands? Or its the same issue as before?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Will this version of touch flash basebands? Or its the same issue as before?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure. I haven't tried it yet. If not you could just flash the regular version of CWM, change the baseband, then flash touch CWM again. The way Bloodawn has it set up now, it'll only take 5 minutes or less to go through the whole process.

Upvote 0
Hey Blood,

I finally took the plunge and deodexed the stock Boost rom via Android Kitchen and Cygwin last night,then zip-aligned everything. I used your CTMod as a guide on what bloat was safe to delete from system/apps, added some of my preffered apps (like Zeam), repackaged, flashed, and it worked! What fun!

I now have a phone the way I like it from first flash. How cool is that?

Thanks Again, and not just to you, but everyone who posts in the whole forum. I follow pretty much all the threads, and that has taught me quite a bit. And this little exercise was a great learning experience. I just wish I had done it sooner!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones