• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Store question?

Hi, I have the Droid 4, and the original charger that came with the phone ended up being "discovered" as a chew toy by our puppy. So I called Verizon, and got a new charger sent. It was a universal charger, and I noticed that not only is the phone virtually unusable when it's plugged in, but it will not recognize the phone as a USB device when transferring photos. Called Verizon back, they sent me to Motorola. The guy was friendly helpful and I even believe American! He shipped me one out right away (he said) and that it would take approx 4 days to get there.

This was Thursday. I called today to see if I could get a tracking number or order number or something because the original rep failed to provide that for me (and I forgot to ask). The lady acted as if she couldn't understand what I was saying, all she kept repeating is that it was on the way, and to please be patient and wait for it.

I said "You don't understand what I'm asking you." She interrupted me with "Yes ma'am I understand you perfectly. You want to know where your order is, and all I can tell you is that it has shipped and to check back Monday or Tuesday if it has not arrived." No. This is not what I asked. What I asked was if a tracking number was available. When I repeated that, she said "Oh I'm sorry, our systems are updating, so I cannot provide you with a tracking number, but (again she said) please be patient, the order will arrive to you Monday or Tuesday."

Looking at a few Motorola store threads that are old, is this typical of Moto's customer service? I tried to call back to get someone who understood English better, and they had just closed. Now I'm wondering if the charger is indeed out there somewhere, and why they couldn't provide me with a tracking number.

I did manage to get an order number out of her, but tried using that as a reference on Fedex's website, and nothing.

So far, it's not been a pleasant experience outside of that initial phone call. I had no idea that this phone would not work properly without a Motorola branded charger, Verizon never told me, but instead assured me that a universal charger works just fine with all their phones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones