• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moving a sim to a new phone

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
the wife has metro pcs and i got a free line thru her plan. the phone i now have on metro does not have enough storage and it makes me drop some of my apps. anyway, i got a metro nokia x100 phone that turned out to be screen locked and i could not get past that so i got another broken phone that let me put it on my google account and then i took out the motherboard and put it in the phone that was locked. so now i have a good phone that is on my google account but i need to get it activated on metro. so can i go to the metro website and go to the wifes account and where my number is change out the imei and have this nokia work? or will i have to go to the metro store or call metro? thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones