• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple Users and the Restricted Account

My office is implementing a new system which uses Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 devices for field use. We decided to set up the users with restricted accounts so they could not access Netflix, Youtube, etc. The problem is that when we download an app on the admin account, for example Adobe Reader, the app is not available on the restricted account side. We have tried several things with no success. Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation of the account as well as the App developer? Thank you in advance.

My office is implementing a new system which uses Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 devices for field use. We decided to set up the users with restricted accounts so they could not access Netflix, Youtube, etc. The problem is that when we download an app on the admin account, for example Adobe Reader, the app is not available on the restricted account side. We have tried several things with no success. Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation of the account as well as the App developer? Thank you in advance.

You're making the problem by implementing those limitations.. You'd be (possibly) better off by Rooting the device and installing a custom ROM that has certain options greyed out, like Developer Options or something.. That ROM won't have Google Playstore capabilities unless you install that yourself.. Saves a lot of bloat but won't stop any related downloads. PLUS, certain browsers have Adobe built-in as well. In all actuality, I believe Adobe has become severely outdated.. Just a thought..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones