• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My camera photos are gone

Ahmed Saber

Lurker
Nov 16, 2016
I've searched and found nothing similar to this, my phone deleted all the pictures that I've taken with the phone camera, every single one, I have mate 8 3G Ram, 32 internal memory and I have no external memory. I haven't done anything unusual, although the phone did a spontaneous reboot yesterday's noon. All the other photos (like whatsapp photos or internet photos) seem to be there, I connected my phone to my PC and found the DCIM folder seems to be empty, I opened the music folder where I keep my music but also found it empty although when I open the music player from the phone I find all the songs I have and I tried to play it and it worked fine, I opened the file manager and checked the songs path on the phone and when I open the same path from the PC I still find it empty !!! and OFC i am showing the hidden files and still cant find anything
WTF is this ! please help !

I've searched and found nothing similar to this, my phone deleted all the pictures that I've taken with the phone camera, every single one, I have mate 8 3G Ram, 32 internal memory and I have no external memory. I haven't done anything unusual, although the phone did a spontaneous reboot yesterday's noon. All the other photos (like whatsapp photos or internet photos) seem to be there, I connected my phone to my PC and found the DCIM folder seems to be empty, I opened the music folder where I keep my music but also found it empty although when I open the music player from the phone I find all the songs I have and I tried to play it and it worked fine, I opened the file manager and checked the songs path on the phone and when I open the same path from the PC I still find it empty !!! and OFC i am showing the hidden files and still cant find anything

<br> WTF is this ! please help !
Hello Ahmed

Did you find a solution to your problem

I am having the same one  , until now I couldn't retrieve the photos that were deleted by phone.

Upvote 0
Back in 2013 we had back some photos up on a laptop , some of the pictures were the first of our daughter. One day my wife was working on one laptop and web surfing on the other. Our daughter who was six or seven months at the time climb up beside her mom and started typing on the laptop my wife was web browsing on.
I was in the kitchen watching. Our daughter was having a blast working with Mommy. Then the daughter close the lap top and waddle off.
About an hour later my wife goes to use the second lap top and everything is gone, factory reset, she had wiped everything cleaned, absolutely nothing remain, the girl had even wiped the preinstalled Microsoft stuff. My wife and her co workers tried for weeks to retrieve the files and photos but finally gave up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones