• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Droid is possessed! FM Radio randomly shuts off and turns on.

drathnow

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
I have a Samsung Galaxy S that does some very strange things with FM radio and music player.

I am using Double Twist as my music player and occasionally my Droid has magically started Double Twist and played music without me doing anything (or anything that I'm aware of). The strangest thing that will sometimes happen is that no application shows up status bar or the task manager. The only way to stop it is to turn the unit off and then back on again.

The other, more annoying problem I'm having, is with the FM radio. It will play for a while and then suddenly turn off. When I look at the radio app, it is still running but is just in "off" mode. When I hit the play button again, it starts playing and everything is fine. BTW: "FM auto off" is turned OFF.

And, if that's not bad enough, the radio will randomly turn itself on. It's hard to nail down exactly what triggers it but it's happened when the unit is sitting on my bedside table, when I finish a phone call, when when closing an application (no app in particular).

Has anyone else had these types of problems?

Thanks,
Dave.

S9 does same thing when I'm charging it or I've left ph away from me untouched for over an hour. I was on a call & it randomly plays old 70s tunes like BumbleBee does to talk= from Transformers movie & stops on it's own. I'm like, WTH! Is it 5-0 interference or what?! I didn't want to wake-up just now= ph played, "The things you do for love! (Repeat) We're walking in the rain and the snow and there's nowhere to go and it feels like a part of me is dying..." Then it wouldn't stop until I woke-up to make dinner!
The other day it blasted a SURVIVOR TUNE! = 80's, when I hung up with work! Then 2 days later a Led Zep tune that fit the call ending so apropos I was almost peeing my pants! Lol

I believe my family needed a ride and it was No Quarter! Lol (It's getting to know me & has my humor!). My kid wanted to stay over the night in the thing just blasts out of nowhere. Carry on my wayward son there'll be peace when you are done Don't you cry no more... 1st thing that comes to my mind is hes not where he says he is! Lol Turns out he was! If you figure it out please write the answer here =please?!

The creepiest part is one day it was playing some Rolling Stones song called, "I want to paint it black" Are simply said I hate The Rolling Stones and the next thing I know that thing shut off!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S9 does same thing when I'm charging it or I've left ph away from me untouched for over an hour. I was on a call & it randomly plays old 70s tunes like BumbleBee does to talk= from Transformers movie & stops on it's own. I'm like, WTH! Is it 5-0 interference or what?! I didn't want to wake-up just now= ph played, "The things you do for love! (Repeat) We're walking in the rain and the snow and there's nowhere to go and it feels like a part of me is dying..." Then it wouldn't stop until I woke-up to make dinner!
The other day it blasted a SURVIVOR TUNE! = 80's, when I hung up with work! Then 2 days later a Led Zep tune that fit the call ending so apropos I was almost peeing my pants! Lol

I believe my family needed a ride and it was No Quarter! Lol (It's getting to know me & has my humor!). My kid wanted to stay over the night in the thing just blasts out of nowhere. Carry on my wayward son there'll be peace when you are done Don't you cry no more... 1st thing that comes to my mind is hes not where he says he is! Lol Turns out he was! If you figure it out please write the answer here =please?!

The creepiest part is one day it was playing some Rolling Stones song called, "I want to paint it black" Are simply said I hate The Rolling Stones and the next thing I know that thing shut off!

Is it Bixby?

Upvote 0
I disabled the melody app and the phone stopped doing this! It was the MELODY app

GO into settings; apps; tap radio app or in my case MELODY APP; tap stop notifications= this stopped an auto trigger and Shake awake mode as well. You can also control this app through gadgets and widgets and yes, Bixby is a part of the interaction! Both Google Assistant & Bixby spy on you to bring the content that most interests you and you'll notice it when you go on to your Google and it will start suggesting things for you out of the blue that you've been talking to your friends about! Bixby isn't as invasive as Google Asst.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones