• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Micro SD is not detected by my Xiaomi Mi Max. However, detected by my laptop.

Block Down

Lurker
Apr 3, 2017
I have 3 Micro SD's I have 2 64 gig Micro SDs namely Toshiba an Sandisk both are not detected by Xiaomi Mi Max, However, it is detected by my personal laptop and work laptop. I have reformatted them exfat 32, still not detected. But my 8 gig Micro SD was not reformatted was working both to my Xiaomi Mi Max, my Huawei Tablet and detected as well by laptop.

Please assist me on what to do?

Does not even show up for my Toshiba 64 gig micro SD. For my Sandisk 64 gig it is detected that it was inserted prior to reformatting it however, it cannot be opened. Both 64 gig micro sd files are showing in my Laptop. My Xiaomi Mi Max can detect Micro SD up to 128 gig as a feature of the phone. Both 64 gig micro SD are working properly on Samsung S3 before it died.

Upvote 0
Does the phone even register an SD Card is inserted and it's unreadable or does it just not show up?

If the former, try installing SD Insight and have it analyse the card(s) to see if they're legit.

Does not even show up for my Toshiba 64 gig micro SD. For my Sandisk 64 gig it is detected that it was inserted prior to reformatting it however, it cannot be opened. Both 64 gig micro sd files are showing in my Laptop. My Xiaomi Mi Max can detect Micro SD up to 128 gig as a feature of the phone. Both 64 gig micro SD are working properly on Samsung S3 before it died. Both Micro SD cards are legit. Yes, I use the application (SD insight) that detects both 64 gig micro SD cards are legit. I have reformatted my SanDisk couple times already it works on my other gadgets.

Upvote 0
reformat it to fat 32.  your computer can read more types of formats than your phone. you need to use fat 32 for android.

Yup, the SD must be formatted as FAT32 for the Xiaomi to be able to use it.

exFAT is proprietary and patented by Microsoft, and although it can be supported by Android, many manufacturers like Xiaomi choose not to implement it. Because otherwise they have to pay lots of $$$ in patent licensing fees to Micro$oft.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones