• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My new Galaxy Tab E?

Ann Carr

Dec 16, 2015
s
Hi, I'm glad to have found this forum.
I have had my Nexus 7 for a number of years and recently upgraded( from Best Buy) the Galaxy E....I guess it's Galaxy 2 but the box says Galaxy E. Can't seem to find anything about it anywhere.....
The model: SM-T560NU
Android ver. :5.5.1 Dimension: 9.5 X 6.
I'm happy with it so far and would like to buy a cover for it but I'm not sure if I should buy the cover for the Tab 2.
Is the "Tab E" a close out product?
Does anybody have the Tab E?
Thank you in advance for any replies.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the link, AnciusD. Yes, this is my new tablet. Have found a cover for it on ebay. It has a magnetic closer. Would the magnet be a problem with the tablet?
All apps are working well so far, except when I move an icon on the home screen another one slips somewhere else. Icons are not staying where I put them. Have looked through the settings but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Haven't seen anything on the manual about it either.
If I'm making a mistake would you please let me know when you have a chance?
Most of all, thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
The magnet is intended to be used to automatically put your tablet to sleep when you close it. I can't remember if you have to set the feature on somewhere under Settings or whether it is just always available.

Haven't seen problems with apps moving before. You're talking the desktop and not the apps drawer, right? I know in the apps drawer you have a sort option. My tablets are older but it doesn't sound like a new feature, unless it's Nook specific. The only time I can think of icons moving is if your page is already full and then you add a new app which might force one to a different page. Can you give an example?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00046942/997448166/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you again....About the magnet...I was wondering if the magnet would be bad for the motherboard. I have a Nexxus 7 (2012) with the magnetic closure cover but it's getting very slow even though I did a factory reset.
Also, the icons on N7 are behaving fine. I'm thinking that there's probably something I'm missing with the new tablet.
I want to move the icons where I(!) want them and not to have them sorted by the system. :)
BTW, not adding a new app...just rearranging.... Anyway, thank you so much for your time.

Upvote 0
Thanks AnciusD. My new cover doesn't seem to have the sleep function when closing...Oh well...I'm happy with it though. Got all of the icons where I want them now and everything is working well. Just have to figure out the Split Screen Feature yet. It seems to pop up and sometimes doesn't want to go away. Have to do some more reading in the manual.....Anyway, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Debbi, I love my Tab E also.
Got the cover on eBay. Paid $11.99 (free ship) It is "Fintie Slim Folio Leather Cover Case". Especially for the Tab E.
9.6 screen size. It works great and all the openings are in the right places. Only 1 down side...Does not have the auto turn off when closing the tablet.
Seller: futurelook11
I hope that this helps. Ann

Upvote 0
Hi there,

My wife got me this Tab E for a surprise Christmas present. I'll admit at first I was a bit skeptical 'cause I couldn't find much about it anywhere online, and thought it was just an old tab in new clothes. But, boy, was I surprised at how well it performed! I was amazed and thrilled! I though I'd have to upgrade to a Tab S, or so. Well, I'm very happy with this one.

Check out Best Buy for a few accessories...they sell the Tab E. Actually, so does Barnes and Noble Bookstores, I guess they call it a Nook Reader, or something like that.

It's not as convenient to carry around as my old Galaxy Tab 3 WiFi was. (which still runs great after 2 and a half years) But I'll tough it out. lol!

Sideman

Upvote 0
Hi kmmesmeralda,
I had a lot of trouble finding a case for my new Tab E also. Finally found mine on eBay.
Seller: futurelook11. Excellent seller. Everything as promised. All case openings are in the right places and the case fits perfect.
Please go to eBay and search for: " Fintie Slim Folio Leather Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab E/ Tab E Nook."
I hope that this helps. Ann

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones