• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone boots into stock recovery insted of system.

AKBB07

Lurker
Jun 28, 2018
After I unlocked my bootloader of my Xiaomi Mi A1, I wanted to boot into TWRP by using this command: fastboot boot twrp.img but it wouldn't do anything so then I typed 'fastboot reboot' and it started to reboot and went onto the screen with the MI logo but then the screen went blank, the phone vibrated and it started rebooting again. I left it for a while and when I returned, it was still rebooting constantly. I do not know what is happening but I tried to lock the bootloader and then boot into recovery but that didn't work. I managed to somehow get into TWRP (not knowing how) twice and the first time I just rebooted and the second time, I factory reset my device. From that point onwards I couldn't get into TWRP because I was trying to flash Ressurection Remix rom if I could get into the recovery. My phone is not yet rooted.

Good/Bad news:

I installed a different version of TWRP and was able to boot to TWRP successfully so I installed Lineage OS 15.1 and it said that it can't mount '/system' or '/storage' as it doesn't exist after that, I booted and it went into some kind of Lineage OS recovery and I didn't know what to do with it as applying an update from SD card didn't work so then I installed the pixel experience ROM which also put me into a recovery and the apply update from SD card didn't work as it says 'couldn't mount /sdcard Installation aborted. Instaling an update from ADB doesn't work either as it tells me to sideload the zip file which I did and it says the deamon has failed. Whenever I choose reboot system now, it just reboots back to a stock recovery which I cannot do anything in apart from wipe data, run graphics tests, reboot and power off. My phone is not yet rooted but if that would help in any way, I could root in TWRP.
Please help, I don't know what to do.

Upvote 0
IMG_20180625_182542 (1).jpg
This is what the stock recovery (not TWRP) looks like

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones