• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone won't save anything

22 days ago, I woke up to find out my phone wouldn't take a picture. If I tried to take a picture, it would display it on the Camera roll preview in the bottom left corner, but I couldn't open it.

I also noticed if I tried to download an image online, it would instantly pause the download. If I tried to unpause it, it would start up for a second before quitting with a display saying whatever I had downloaded had "Quit due to a missing SD card." Apps will try to download for a while, then tells me it can't.

I got a Micro SD card a while back, formatted it to my phone and it had been working fine, it's been in my phone ever since, I tried reinserting it and ejecting it via the phone itself but it never solved my issue. I believe I have pictures set to save to my SD card, I can't figure out how to reset that though.

The storage on my internal memory and SD card both have room on them, 1.66 GB free on Internal and 6.29 GB on SD card. I can access the files already on my SD card through my phone, I've attempted Migrated data from SD card to internal but it said it couldn't, that might be due to not having enough room on Internal though. I can even migrate data to and from internal memory and SD card

At startup, the phone will display a message as son as it boots up saying "SD card missing, please reinsert this device." but that goes away after a few seconds.

I have an Alcatel Raven LTE Android version 7.1.1 Model A574BL.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones