• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Google Play Services

IHaveAnAndriod

Dec 10, 2013
I downloaded a custom ROM (Paranoid). But when I downloaded the ROM it didn't come Google Play Services or any Google application. I need a way to install the services. When I try to install the play services app it says it has stopped. I don't know if it because of a signituare conflict or something else. Do I need to install it through ClockWordMod.

I really need to use the play services because of the Maps and most maps app rely on Google Play Services to get a better and more accurate map reading

I was able to reinstall my Google Play Services and all the apps that came with my phone. I have conformed that this will work on the Nexus 5 running Paranoid Custom ROM. I downloaded the Google Package that I wanted from a post in the XDA developers website. The post had different packages that i could downoad. I just selected the one the fit my needs and downloaded and installed it through the recovery mode. If you need any help or have trouble with this let me know by replying to this post and/or PMing me.

Upvote 0
Thank you! I was ale to figure it out lol. It took me way longer than it should have

Also there are a Handful of Gapps available to flash, different styles/versions and themed Gapps.
For example I use the TBO (Team Black Out) Gapps package where all the Google apps are blacked out or Inverted. I find it easy on the eyes and it definitely looks cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones