• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Net10 PRL update question

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Android Expert
Dec 25, 2012
ma
www.sneaky-media.com
Does anyone here know how you might update the PRL on a Net10 phone? I tried the two ways they describe on the Net10 website, neither of which currently works. If anyone knows how this can be accomplished, or if it is even possible on CDMA phones, I would greatly appreciate it.

The phone is a T-Mobile Xperia Ion, through the Net10 BYOP program, my old Net10 phone had full 3g coverage in my house and my Ion has terrible service even where my other phone worked great. The thought is that a PRL update will help.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Does anyone here know how you might update the PRL on a Net10 phone? I tried the two ways they describe on the Net10 website, neither of which currently works. If anyone knows how this can be accomplished, or if it is even possible on CDMA phones, I would greatly appreciate it.

The phone is a T-Mobile Xperia Ion, through the Net10 BYOP program, my old Net10 phone had full 3g coverage in my house and my Ion has terrible service even where my other phone worked great. The thought is that a PRL update will help.

Thanks for any info in advance.

I'm confused about the CDMA reference and a T-Mobile phone...as T-Mobile is a GSM service, not CDMA. The Ion doesn't offer service on CDMA networks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones