• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Network issue: stuck on Edge again

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
Hi all. I posted this question a few weeks ago, at which point I was on the Edge network for several days, almost a week, and at the time there seemed to be an issue with the network around my area that was then fixed.

However, since that time, I have been on the Edge network again a few times, usually lasting at least a day at a time, and today is another one of those days. But oddly, another phone in my house (S8+, if it matters, mine is an S7) has a strong LTE signal.

So I don't understand what's happening. One phone works fine, but mine doesn't. I had a system update this morning, but I'm not sure if that had any effect. I didn't notice if I was already on Edge before the update happened. But since this morning, I've been on the Edge network all day and it simply doesn't work. It's basically no data connection at all.

My location is Waller TX, near Houston.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones