• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Network type locked to gsm only

Crustacean

Apr 19, 2011
My phone seems to be stuck on 2G only, as if the other radio was turned off.
It started after i had set my preferred network type to wcdma & gsm auto from the testing menu. Now network type is set to gsm only, and i cant change it to auto in either the testing menu or android settings. Anyone else have this problem? something im doing wrong?
im somewhat of a new android user, only had a few weeks to learn my way around.
on a positive note, battery life has been great since...

Hi frnds.. i had accidently set preferred network type to unknown by going in secret setting by using the code *#*#4636#*#* in my Micromax A54 and now my real imei number is changed into 00000000. My mobile is not recognizing any sim and on notification bar it says ''searching for service''. I am not able to reset previous setting i.e. unknown to gsm auto(prl) or gsm only or wcdma only. Please help me how can i resolve my problem.
Your help will be appreciated. thnx in advance..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones