• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newbie: Process Error Notifications, No Root, What to do next?

I have a Pantech Breakout that I have been using as a WiFi only device, music and facebook. Yesterday I got notification that 2 google processes had stopped, I clicked okay and everything seemed normal. Then I got notification that I was low on space so I moved Facebook and Amazon MP3 to the SD card. After that my phone and contact icons disappeared from the menu and I got notification that backup is not installed. I rebooted the phone and it has erased everything and won't let me move past the "select language" screen. It keeps notifying me that backup is not installed.

Since I only used it for a WiFi device I'm not overly attached to it but I would like to know if there is a fix? My skill level? I've never rooted a phone before and don't know if it's even possible since I can't actually access the Breakouts menus. I'd also be interested in a lightweight rom (not necessarily stock) so long as I can still use the play store to access Amazon MP3 and a running program like Active or Strava.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones