• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 T-Mobile Access Points

IHaveAnAndriod

Dec 10, 2013
I have the nexus 5. I brought it and paid full price. My bill is $80 a month for unlimited everything. I was going through my phone and noticed that I have several access points that I can connect to for a celluar data connection. I have include a screen shot of the access points I can connect to. When I first got the phones. It was connected to the MetroPCS. But I don't have that so I change it. I noticed by doing speed test that different access points have different connection speeds. I don't wanna call TMobile because i don't know if these access points came with the custom ROM I installed (Paranoid ROM)

I want to find the best access point that I should connect to. I live in the Washington DC Metro Area.

Can someone from the community tell me what I should do? And thank you in advance

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413385069341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413385069341.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 113
I called T-Mobile and they told me to use T-Mobile US LTE. IDK why I have so many access points. I asked them why and they couldn't give me an answer.

I know when I'm at home, I get 1 bar of LTE. So the only thing I can think about doing is through all of the access points and seeing which one have the best coverage in my area. This seems strange that they can't give me a straight toward answer to this situation

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones