• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

treb1797

Extreme Android User
May 22, 2011
Quahog, RI
Since the draft is getting close I figured it was time to get a 2023 NFL thread started. Also, this was just posted for those interested :

Screenshot_20230411_082307_Twitter.jpg

As long as I get the Bears, I'm happy.

Normally I get 2 NFL and 2 AFL games every Sunday. Maybe that will change.
I hope and suspect the networks will still have their games which give you some out of market and your market game each week. If I have zero football to watch, I have lived too long.

Upvote 0
I think the NFL will price themselves out of the market. Then they'll all wonder what happened.

How much did Super Bowl tickets cost in 2023?

Depending on the seats available, prices started just below $5,000 and went all the way up to around $36,000 for the most premium seats. Most of the available seats were in the lower range, making the average Super Bowl ticket for 2023 a hefty $8,000.

https://parade.com/entertainment/super-bowl-tickets-prices-cost

Upvote 0
Perhaps I have lived too long now that I think about it. I'm of the opinion that I pay a heavy toll to watch sports with all of the commercials I am forced to watch.

There is soooo much money in the NFL game. Consider the price of the new stadiums being built and salaries of the athletes... It has ballooned to the point they want a fortune to watch even at home. I can't stop being a fan but I will stop being a contributor to the inflated pricing. I don't know how it will ultimately effect the game. I know that I can't be the only fan they have priced out of following the game so closely.

My son, also a huge football fan, will likely pay the price. His annual income is easily 10X my retirement income. He will bitch and moan but I can't see him being without. He plays in so many pickem and fantasy leagues that will loose their entertainment value if he has limited viewing. It will be difficult for him to justify the increase but at least it isn't taking food off of his table to subscribe.

Upvote 0
One of my daughters and her husband are big sport fans. Instead of subscribing or paying to watch sports at home, they enjoy the sports bar scene. It is a younger person's sport exposure option that will continue to be and perhaps gain in popularity. I'm sure it is fun with a mixed fan base with the rooting and the acknowledgement of exceptional plays as well as the friendly jabs between the fans. It's not my thing but it would be a viewing option.

Upvote 0
Totally agree with everything said so far, no way I'm paying that. Guess I'm just stuck watching the Titans every week again. Oh boy...
I'm in the KC market so I'll likely still get the Chiefs' games. For some unknown reason I always get the Cowboys games as well. Oh well... whatever I get will be all I get. The only way to fight against this BS is to boycott.

Upvote 0
I think everyone is stuck watching the Cowboys every week. I mean I'm not complaining because I'm a fan, just would get annoying if I wasn't. No matter what their record is they always get Fox good ratings.
Out of all the people that I've known in my area, I only met one Dallas fan. He was all in with a Cowboy flag in his yard and his house painted blue and white. It strikes me odd that we always get their games. I like to root for the Steelers. They rarely show up on network here. The same holds true, there aren't many fans in these parts. Why not Pittsburg instead of Dallas? I am a fan and won't be able to watch their games this year. That really disappoints me.

I text the YT pricing for the ticket to my son who is a huge Steeler fan. He text back saying it was going to be a hard call for him. If subscribing to the package is the only way to watch YOUR team play it would be hard call indeed. Just last year he spent over 50 grand on an outdoor living space. Mostly so he could enjoy the games in that environment. If I were a betting man, I see him buying the package and dear old dad watching the Steelers on his big screen. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The guy is talented and definitely their future. I can't wrap my brain around anyone worth double digit millions a year. I do realize that pro players have a small window to make their lifetime income. However, I retired after 55 years at an occupation and over thirty years at a side job and didn't come close to making a fifth of that five year contract. My job was demanding mentally and physically and it took talent that could not be learned. I submit to you, no man is worth that kind of money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones