• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root no boot

roadkill42

Android Expert
Jan 22, 2013
jonesbough tn
after i rooted my zte awe with the cydia impactor work great then after a couple of reboots it boots to green android then to blank screen with back light phone is not activated yet either. pc still sees it connected is there a way to in stall rom off sd card through the stock recovery whitch i still have acess to

after i rooted my zte awe with the cydia impactor work great then after a couple of reboots it boots to green android then to blank screen with back light phone is not activated yet either. pc still sees it connected is there a way to in stall rom off sd card through the stock recovery whitch i still have acess to

Install my rom, follow guide for stock devices :D, or u could revert to stock, if problem still persists may be defective device

Upvote 0
I don't have cwm in stalled so how dose this work how can I get cwm on SD card being I can't boot up except to stock recovery?I don't understand how to use adb either

Hey,

Do this. Go to the root cwm and stock recovery post. Then grab all the files. After you have adb, the cwm.IMG, the cwm.zip, fastboot, and the superuser zip put them all into a folder on your desktop. Then put the cwm.zip and the superuser.zip on your SD with a different phone.

After all that put the SD into your bricked phone.

Power down your bricked phone.

Hold the vol+ key and the power key until a white screen with three letters appears.

Next plug your phone into your PC and open cmd with admin rights.

Then type in adb-reboot bootloader

Then your phone will reboot to a black screen.

Then change the directory to the folder with all those files in it.

Then type fastboot boot cwm.IMG and flash the superuser.zip and the cwm.zip and reboot (do NOT pull the battery) If it prompts you to root upon reboot to root then do it. If your still bricked you have cwm and you can flash any ROM on this forum.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones