• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Google notifications when phone is off

Shortly after turning on notifications will come in.
That sounds like it's getting a connection, then showing alerts it couldn't when there wasn't one. I know you don't have Data Saver on, but check your settings for anything that blocks a communication-type action when the phone is sleeping.

Also, see if changing your 'override do not disturb' settings helps. For Calendar, it's kind of convoluted getting there, but start in System Settings, and then Notifications. If you can't find its DND setting, post back.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
That sounds like it's getting a connection, then showing alerts it couldn't when there wasn't one. I know you don't have Data Saver on, but check your settings for anything that blocks a communication-type action when the phone is sleeping.

Also, see if changing your 'override do not disturb' settings helps. For Calendar, it's kind of convoluted getting there, but start in System Settings, and then Notifications. If you can't find its DND setting, post back.

Can't seem to find any setting that would affect Google when phone is off. Not able to find any override do not disturb setting for Google app either, although I don't have do not disturb on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones