• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No MMS on Cricket Wireless

Rsmcomputer

Lurker
Jul 20, 2018
Incoming MMS messages never arrive; sending a MMS message always generates an error "Account Not Provisioned" on my Textra screen. Get this whether I turn Mobile Data on or off. I've tried the default Antroid Messaging app, but have found Textra to have the options and functionality I like best.
My OnePlus 5T system is on Android 8.1.0, OxygenOS 5.1.3, and my carrier is Cricket Wireless. Not sure which APN settings to use as other Cricket users with the same problem have suggested various options (I've tried all that were suggested). Currently, I am configured with what Cricket Support suggests.

Not knowing the various things you mentioned already trying this is probably repetition but have you tried to just re-seat your SIM card? Also, in your Settings >> Wireless & networks menu there should be a 'Network settings reset' option that will wipe all network-related settings back to their original defaults that you might want to try. (Note it's pretty thorough, so items liked saved WiFi networks, Bluetooth pairings, etc. get deleted too.)

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
SVIM: I've had my SIM card replaced twice, and found no impact on MMS on the OnePlus 5T, But, if I put this SIM in another phone (my wife's LG obtained from Cricket), MMS works fine. I am unable, however, to find the "Network settings reset" option in any of my OnePlus 5T 'Wireless & networks' category screens.
Comment: I know that Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T wireless, who was my carrier previously, when my phone was a Nokia WindowsPhone. In my data plan, any inbound or outbound text messages incurred a $0.50 charge. At that time, I did not do any texting, but friends and family assumed I did and often txt'd me, including CCs on many messages. As such, I contacted AT&T and asked to have texting disabled on my account. Since that account is closed now, AT&T refuses to talk with me about this issue, and Cricket Support says that nothing from AT&T carries over to my Cricket service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones