• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Reservations

I like Anthony Bourdain. I think he's great in No Reservations, but not so much in The Taste. He's a take it or leave it kind of guy and super polarizing in the chef world.
He actually came to my culinary school (he's an alum) the first day I started to introduce another chef at a lecture. Came to learn that basically all the staff/chefs there hate him with a passion. More because of the way he portrays the restaurant industry in his books. Yeah, it probably was that crazy in the 70s and 80s when he actually was a chef, but it's not like that anymore for sure. He does seem to have mellowed out lately though.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i love his books. i think that they are well written and very smart. i do understand that the business is not like it was back then, but it does give us perspective on what he had to go thru to make it where he is today. i have never eaten at any of his restaurants nor have i met him. but his shows are great and i'm a huge fan of them.

he seems cool enough on tv. but like all tv personality it is hard to gauge what he is really like in person.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
awwwww i totally forgot about this thread that i started. if i had remembered, i would have posted something to memorialize the great Anthony Bourdain, upon his passing. i really do miss him and his shows.
You are welcome, of me bringing up this thread :) Take care man.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones