• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Sound at all

@prawn_guevara

The 'system volume' settings may have been altered by an app. You'll need to download an app like Sound Manager to adjust it (or other sound settings) independently of the app.

This may only be a temporary fix depending on what the rogue app does to your phone's volume settings each time you use it.

Alternatively, you may be able to uninstall Sound Manager if you've permanently rectified the problem.

Upvote 0
Thanks for those tips, I've installed sound manager. I uninstalled PlayerPro for a while, and admitedly the sound problem didnt happen during that, but it's hard to diagnose the problem, because it wouldnt always happen when PlayerPro was installed either, and skimming around it doesnt seem to be a problem anyone else has had. I've now re-installed it.

The problem is, PlayerPro is the only music player I think is any good. Been through them all, PlayerPro has everything, and looks the best by far.

Upvote 0
Coincidentally, I'm having a similar issue on my Inspire 4G after installing PlayerPro. In my case the mic somehow gets muted, i.e. nobody can hear me. The issue can be fixed by wiping dalvik cache.
I've verified times and again and the problem is definitely happening after listening for music using PlayerPro. I'm going to report it to the developer and suggest you do the same.

Reactions: notebook
Upvote 0
prawn_guevara & Maxxy,

Hi - my first post, so go easy on me.

I am having the same problems since the installation of "PlayerPro", both the loss of sound and the Mic. not working at times. Re-booting always seems to do the trick.

I also agree that this is an excellent music player, but the problem needs resolving quickly because you don't know when the audio will die and you end up missing calls and messages etc.

Did you have any joy with "Sound Manager" ?

Regards,

Paul.

Upvote 0
Hi

I'm having a similar issue on my Desire S. I do not however have PlayerPro installed, and the problem happens intermittently with no noticeable cause + effect.

I've checked all sound settings that could pertain to the issue, and all settings correlate to the same thing: I should hear something upon receiving calls, emails, sms's / other notifications. The issue does sometimes get sorted out for a while after rebooting the phone, but this is not an ideal solution and doesn't always work. Any recommendations or advice?

Upvote 0
I had a problem with media starting and stopping, and no sound from youtube, although I had sound from ringtones, so I knew the physical speaker worked. After some research, I did a factory reset. No luck. I uninstalled all apps. No luck. So I did a 5 minute battery pull. No luck. Finally, I did an overnight battery pull = remove battery for 8 hours. Woke up, and assembled the battery to phone. My homescreen had 2 old icons that were right on right before I deleted the apps the night before. Maybe there is a buffer stack overflow in the droid deletion routine? (question for the devs). And so to continue, I started up my tunein radio and the sound and program work perfectly! Long story short, just try taking the battery out for 8 hours to fix your phone! ;-)

Upvote 0
No sound coming from any app or music, have to re boot phone, anyone know the problem? Only just started happening. Same day I installed PlayerPro music app, by chance.
I found a simple solution. Go to the media volume setting. Adjust it up or down. Then, go back to the app and try it. It worked for me, after I'd tried all of the complicated solutions to no avail.

Upvote 0
I found a simple solution. Go to the media volume setting. Adjust it up or down. Then, go back to the app and try it. It worked for me, after I'd tried all of the complicated solutions to no avail.

Thanks for the help dude ! I really appriciate it ! None of the others works but this simple way does works ! Siriously ! I was about to reboot my phone and when i open the ndroid forums i saw you telling this easy solving ways ! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones