• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root no wifi drivers or mac address.. I need /efs folder.

flowz850

Feb 2, 2012
i noticed that my wifi wasnt working.. i couldnt even connect to an open security router... whenever i try to connect, it makes whatever wifi im associcating with go crazy and shutdown... My MAC address is showing its unavailable.. I also noticed that my /efs folder is missing alot of files thanks to lordvincent90's help.. I have reflashed back to stock rom with stock kernel... my /efs folder files did not reinstall.. i worked back up to KKE2.0 with the newest kernel.. still nothing.. im back to stock.. could someone help me?

ive tried to reset the wifi drivers using the Wlantest code.. wifi fixer doesnt work.. Lord Vincent90 was offer me his exp yesterday and we kinda narrowed it down to the fact my /efs doesnt have the files it should.. Also when i look at the .mac.info there is nothing in the values.... when i run terminal.. i got a wlan0:no such device exists..

Upvote 0
back to stock rom and kernel. when you flash any rom, it replaces /system / data not really too much else.. so if files are missing, the roms wont replace them.. all the roms for the rush HAVE NOT REPLACED these files.. i didnt know they were gone until we compared the two folders... unfortunately it was someone else s phone we were using..

Upvote 0
Try this which u said you done already

Samsung Galaxy Rush M830 hard reset

Or try this

[TUTORIAL] Remounting/restoring/backup the /… | Galaxy 3 I5800 | XDA Forum

And I take it you never made a backup if you had a image you can flash from Odin but I think back up is out the question.

No i didnt.. i figured the rom would install the files that it needed...see thats another thing.. odin doesnt work any more with my phone.. i tried this morning to flash shabbys stock tar but but verisons of odin and my computer do not recongize the phone... i got adb and samsung usb drivers installed..

Upvote 0
http://https://plus.google.com/105551523156959428915/posts/aAk6osaMDtY

aAk6osaMDtY

as you can tell files are missing.. the ones i need.. wish i had copies, i could fix this..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones