• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 Noob: How do you rearrange home screens?

SixtyDashOne

Jun 30, 2011
Hey, I got my Note 2 today (coming from a HTC Inspire 4G). Wondering how you re-order your home screens. I think on the HTC it was hold the home button and the display would zoom out, and then you could drag and rearrange all the home screens, to arrange them in the order you want. Can that be done with the Note 2?

Gah, go figure I am sitting here for an hour trying to figure out how to do this, and then of course the moment after I create a thread, I stumble across the solution.

For those interested, on any home page, tap the menu button and tap "Edit page". This will zoom you out to a view of all the home screens, and you can drag and drop each to wherever you want them.

Upvote 0
Hey, I got my Note 2 today (coming from a HTC Inspire 4G). Wondering how you re-order your home screens. I think on the HTC it was hold the home button and the display would zoom out, and then you could drag and rearrange all the home screens, to arrange them in the order you want. Can that be done with the Note 2?

Hello SixtyDashOne. If you're using the stock homescreen app you can pinch to zoom the screens into view, and then make the home or "default" screen from there.

Welcome to Android Forums and to the Note 2 forums here. :)

http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/302588/rearrange-home-screens-your-samsung-galaxy-note-2

Upvote 0
Also, long press on a home screen or icon is your friend.

Coming from another brand to Samsung you may want to have a look at tips and tricks.
In fact "Note 2 tips and tricks" or "Note 2 tutorial" are great phrases for youtube searches (sans quotes). Much may be dull, much you may know, the accents may irritate you but you will find new and cool stuff you hadn't found yourself.

Cursed4Eva goes very in depth into Samsung in his vids.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones