• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Now What?!?!?!?

Country Dad

Jan 26, 2012
OK, I know im not the only noob out there wanting to know this, So here we go. I have my Admire Rooted, I removed the metro crap except Metro visual voice mail, I have Titanium back up along with the important apps that you should have on a rooted phone, all paid for cause Im for sporting the cause, but now what?

I see quys phone where there rom is super low and there internal is super low, how do I do that, That al means faster phone...

The first question goes with this question, what all can I remove from the metro pcs admire to make it faster, user apps, system apps, should I turn some system apps to user aps then send them to the sims card.

last but now least, is there a rom for this phone yet?

Im sure this is what alot of noobs want to know, this is part if the reason of doing this right. So if you know the admire like the back of your hand, please give me your advice. Thanks

Elaborate cause I'm running out of space....fast!

OK...

The native program that moves apps to the ad card actually doesn't move the whole app.

With a rooted phone other applications or elaborate scripts (like the famous DarkTremmors a2sd) can allow you to move the whole application to another partition on your SD card.
Think of partitions as rooms or drawers on a cabinet. Your SD card is room fat32, or a fat32 partition. Its a fairly big room so you can choose to build a wall, that new wall will be an extra partition most likely an ext3 or 4.
Apps can be used to access this partition and move a greater portion of your downloaded apps onto it, freeing space on the internal memory.
The phones constant cache or dalvik can also be moved. A dalvik can take a lot of room based on the paramaters in the build.prop so moving it often frees about 32mb from your system memory.

Hope that helped.

Upvote 0
WARNING!
IF YOU HAVEN'T GOOGLED THIS TOPIC AND DO NOT HAVE AN IMMEDIATE USE FOR AN EXT PARTITION I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU MAKE ONE.
IF YOU WANT TO MOVE YOUR APPS MORE EFFICIENTLY THEN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN APPLICATION OR OTHER METHOD TO DO SO.
FORMATTING YOU SD CARD IN THE MANNER DESCRIED HERE WILL DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE SD CARD.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA.

OK, first off read the warning.
Second backup your SD card contents to a PC.

Cwm method.
Boot into cwm
Select advanced
Select partition SD card
Choose values. Values are listed in MB.
Set partition size first, remember that you cannot save user data to this so If you have a 2gig card I wouldn't make a one gig (1kmb) partition
Set swap size, also can't be used for user data. Swap support depends on rom I think.

You can also format on PC, generally by right clicking and choosing format

Reactions: kb0sdq
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones