• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nvidia Shield K1 drains batter while OFF (7.0)

Pantylines

Lurker
Nov 5, 2018
Last week I pulled my cord too far while it was plugged into the outlet. In the past, the micro USB end would pull out of the tablet, but this time the other end pulled out the of the wall charger. The next morning it would not charge, the power icon was in the notification center but the battery wasn't charging. Over the next two days, I cleaned out the micro USB port then poked the port to check for wiggle thinking I had broken the port but it was firm. I pried up the prongs on my good Nexus 7 charging cord I which worked because everything was back to how it was before the cord was pulled. The battery's life was typical with no unusual charge or drain. The only odd thing was that it would often only charge to 98 or 99 percent. Yesterday, it now charges up to 100%. The only problem I now have is that the battery drains completely while turned off. The monitor utility I installed it telling me the battery life is good.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones