• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ODIN] not working for me - just crashes (solved)

shabby Ok i didnt see your post till after...im using my phone for internet...but as you see im back...

- .mds failed...
+ renamed file to .tar worked..
- after reboot i powered down and tried to enter recovery
+ reused odin and .tar and have a working phone...
results
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> CWM-m580.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

renamed removing .mds to CWM-m580.tar

<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005> RES OK !!
<ID:0/005> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!

lil scared to reset my phone but i know i have a work around..i can still use it unless it dies i assme..will try a reboot and if that does not work ...will repeat recovery install untill i can get a stock download...

Done : reboot was successful but ! warning on first samsung screen..but im still here :)
will now power off and try to vol. up and power to see what i get...

ok this is where im at...vol up + pow puts phone in suspended mode..work around is to reuse odin and cwm rocovery file...not sure what a power off and on will do but odin roboot get phone back working...i havent tried to install su and im not sure if im truly rooted..so some advice would be helpful. i still have a working phone thats not paper weight. let me know if you would need any another info...i wont be by my computer but ill be checking in on phone..thanks again and good luck..ill wait to install su due to fact that i seen that you may need other info on some other post for finding the right way to root phone...right now i am at odin rocovery..no su or other installs..

ps will edit this post as i go..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones