• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Hangouts 2.0 APK from N5 image with SMS support.

Root required? Is this going to be the same thing we get shortly or will it have bugs & quirks to deal with? I'm tired of installing some ripped system apk only to have isssues when I could've waited a few days for the solid version.

It should be officially downloadable through the play store eventually. Root shouldn't be required, only enabling installation from outside sources under security in your device settings/options.

Upvote 0
It should be officially downloadable through the play store eventually. Root shouldn't be required, only enabling installation from outside sources under security in your device settings/options.

I know it'll be in the Play Store at some pount but if this is the same apk we'll get I'll install it now. I know some of these ports can have minor (sometimes major) differences & issues is why I'm asking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones