• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK Google Now acting funny.

jbird68

Dec 4, 2013
My OK Google Now app is acting funny. I liked the Moto Assist app that would read text messages, make calls and such. Lately it's been slow and I get different messages to respond to. I am guessing it's the Google Now App trying to take over for Moto Assist. When I get asked to respond, I don't even get time to say anything before I am asked to try again. Makes me want to turn it off. But I really liked it before. Anyone have a solution?

If it is the Google app interfering, you can turn that off (or at least check the settings to see that it is off.)

Open the Google app, tap the "hamburger" menu control top left, tap settings, tap Voice, tap OK Google detection. See if those settings are on or off.

Let us know if that works or doesn't.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones