• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Old 910 found. Charging question.

Yes, it will take some time for it to come back to life if at all. The phone battery will trickle charge until is reaches a same enough charge level to power the phone. Often ~5%. Now, completly discharging the battery can damage it, so there is a chance yours is completely dead. I'd let it sit for a couple hours to overnight, while periodically checking the phone for excess heat that may indicate a damaged battery and / or a safety hazard.

Upvote 0
I noticed the water sticker had gone pink. Got new battery. Still nothing. I disassembled it and saw no obvious water damage so I put it back together and its charging.... though, I doubt that's the issue.

If I can find a parts phone I'd like to just rebuild it.

I'm weird, I have a collection of old metro phones I'm slowly building and refurbishing to working condition. This poor guy was lost and found again. Being the first 4g phone metro had gives it a little charm in my eyes and the two months I spent saving for it doesn't hurt.

I'm pretty sure there's damage somewhere I missed so I'll get back to it when I finish this other rebuild and find a parts phone.

I just finished doing a r560m today, so I'm burnt for the night.

Upvote 0
Update!

This morning I plugged it back in again and got a dim samsung splash screen.
The motherboard appears undamaged so i'm thinking the digitizer is shot.

But I've got other phones to repair while I look for a parts phone.
uzu5ydez.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones