• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One Plus 5TGuest mode removal?

AmanK679

Lurker
Apr 6, 2020
Hi all,

I'm struggling with a technical issue that I've been trying to get rid of. I'm using a One Plus 5T and I want to completely disable/delete guest mode/ guest users. I'm using android 9.

I know you can remove it, under settings, but it doesn't actually remove it from the system.

A solution I found was by rooting the phone and going into the deeper system settings and changing a couple of values.

My phone is no longer in warranty, but I have never rooted a phone and don't want to take the risk in bricking it, especially now.

Lastly, I was wondering if there's a way to have certain apps act as system admins regardless of what user the app is originally installed on. For example, having app locker app apply to the guest user, if possible.

Please let me know your thoughts!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones