• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Online-Literature.com

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
Hi, folks.

Not sure why I haven't posted this previously, but for a bunch of works that are out of copyright, you can read them online for free via online-literature.com. It's where I read my first Dickens book (you'll have to guess) as well as my first Austen (P&P), both read on a BlackJack II if memory serves. ;)

Anyway, they boast 267 authors spread over 3,607 and 4,435 Poems & Short Stories. If you really get into it, they have a forum and quizzes as well.

Happy Reading, everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
too bad there is not an app for it. so you just read it via browser? or you download the books and use something like kindle to read it?
Unless they’ve changed things, it’s just browser-based and you load it chapter by chapter. When I was close to finishing the first Dickens book I read, I was preparing for a trip to Ireland (where I wouldn’t be able to read online) and wanted to finish it, so I copied-and-pasted the last few chapters to Word and printed them out.
Seems antiquated now, but I have a feeling the site is on a shoestring and there’s a sense of “it works, it’s free, so we can just let it be.” ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
hmm on my kindle and even on my nook apps. i can modify my search of books by price....you will find many of these classics being offered for free as well. i think i have vinctor hugo's les miserable on my nook that i got for free.

this online feature.....though cool as it maybe, seems a tad tedious. the apps are just very easy to access. now if the online site provided downloadable books in formats like epup or pdf then i would be more then happy to jump on board.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones