• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Optimus Q" from wallmart.com

Calvino

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
I'm ordering what they call the LG Optimus Q from Straight Talk LG Optimus Q Android Prepaid Cell Phone - Walmart.com on August 1st. From my research it's an LG-L55C because on wallmart.com it says it's model # is STLGL55CPWP am I correct thinking this? I'm a bit confused because I only find the LG-L45C for sale on the Straight-Talk website.

I'm concerned about battery life. I don't know what the mAH of the OEM battery is but having used the the Optimus S for several months I expect it to be poor, so I am looking for a better battery. One of my questions is will this battery work for my phone? Amazon.com: ProdiCell Premium 1800mAH Slim Extended Battery for LG G2X, LG Optimus 2X and LG Star: Cell Phones & Accessories or does any one have a better suggestion for us Optimus Q owners? Will any battery that says it will work for an Optimus series phone work for the Optimus Q? My phone is an extension of me and it's in use 99% of the time when I'm awake if only to play my mp3's and my audio books, a extended battery is a must have for me. I would not mind having one of those big bulky batteries that require an extended battery cover but only if it's not possible to just put a better battery in so I can use a sexy case and that brings me to my next point.

What are my options for Protective Cases with this phone? I have never owned a phone with a slide out keyboard and it's proving very confusing when searching for protective cases. Like I said earlier, I think it's a L55C but I won't know for sure till I get it in the mail. Most of the Protective Cases I find say they work for "LG Enlighten / LG Optimus Slider / VS700 / VS 700 / LS700 / LS 700 (Verizon, Virgin Mobile, Net10, TracPhone, StraightTalk)" does that include this phone im getting from wallyworld?

Chi Meegwetch in advance for any help!
Peace, Love & Harmony - Calvino :smokingsomb:

P.S I will be keeping a "Owners Log" when I get the phone to help others that are as confused about the Optimus Q as me, to try and help a little with the confusion. The one thing I have seen on all forums pertaining to this Phone is confusion with its name and if its the Q2 or the Slider or whatever... Some one needs to do something about this and im going to do my best to help... Once I figure it all out myself. SO CONFUSING!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones