• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optional Recovery For Locked Kyocera Rise Bootloader?

I am making this thread for the simple fact that since the bootloader of the kyocera rise and hydro don't appear to be unlocked anytime soon, maybe we can start throwing some alternative ideas around, and maybe figure something out. If nothing else, maybe someone else can come up with a way to at lease make a nandroid backup without cwm, if thats possible. Just putting that out there. One thing i did read about on another android phone, i forgot what it was called, but there was a way to put a second recovery on it, even with a locked bootloader. Just an idea. but i would be nice if someone did figure something out though. This is a great phone, its potential in the rooting world is limited due to the fact that if you get a bootloop from an incorrect value, your pretty much done. anyone have an ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones