• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orbic Wonder Dev Thread

Wow that was easy, thanks.
Shame we can't get the kernel source for this phone to make proper ROM ports. Shame I'm on Verizon postpaid, a carrier I can't use the Orbic Wonder on unless it's unlocked. This is a great bargain for what you get, and even on 7.1.2 Nougat it's not a bad deal. Wishing you the best of luck, and many happy years with your $50 deal!

Reactions: noidodroid
Upvote 0
Shame we can't get the kernel source for this phone to make proper ROM ports. Shame I'm on Verizon postpaid, a carrier I can't use the Orbic Wonder on unless it's unlocked. This is a great bargain for what you get, and even on 7.1.2 Nougat it's not a bad deal. Wishing you the best of luck, and many happy years with your $50 deal!

You dont have to get the straight kernel source Jason. You can port it You never unlocked the Orbic? I thought you did? ..

I have 2 Orbic Verizon, 2 of the US Unlocked, and then the Orbic Slim. Looking to buy a pretty nice 5G Orbic soon. -=]

Upvote 0
Would anybody be willing to help me with rooting my orbic? It's currently on Version 7.1.2 and it's Verizon factory unlocked. I've jailbroke iphones but I really need some assistance on this. Thank you.
Check the threads on here regarding the orbic that we have created. Also check on XDA there is a bit more thorough guides there by myself and by Jason. Hope it helps you!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Oh, I do have the bootloader unlocked already.
all you need to do is pull the boot image then put it on the phone with magisk and Inlet magisk manager patch the boot image then you'll want to slide the boot image over to the recovery partition by flashing it whichever way you want to do it in order to get it to work. Look at Jason's tutorials he has described everything in detail it's pretty much cut and dry. Really easy

Upvote 0
does anyone have any custom roms for the orbic wonder that are working or need to be tested?

I won't just yet. Have a good lead on getting the source code from Reliance Communications the company that owns the Orbic brand. Take me some time without a lawyer. Need to study GNU GPL more in depth.

There is a guy that has possibly already created linage for orbic Wonder. When I get a chance I will talk with him. If he hasn't until I get source I can't do anything professional nor can anyone on my team. Maybe something dirty could be created it's essentially a Redmi Note 3 ? I think it was... Same chipset and internals pretty much.

Upvote 0
does anyone know how to fix black screen won't turn on or charge or do anything but blink red when i plug it into the charger i have the bootloader unlocked?

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_015436.jpg
    IMG_20211220_015436.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20211220_015431.jpg
    IMG_20211220_015431.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20211220_015427.jpg
    IMG_20211220_015427.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones