• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OS deleting itself after every reflash

Zanikai

Lurker
Oct 28, 2017
I have an RCT6773W22 that bricked about two years ago. In that time I have searched, in vain, for a way to bring it back to life. That is, until this month, when I found this forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/stock-rom-twrp-root-oc-uv-rca-7-voyager-t3087075

In it, it detailed how to reflash the firmware for v31 and v38 (I had a v28 and if you read other posts in this thread, it is almost identical to v31). I successfully completed the process and my tablet was finally fixed... for about fifteen minutes. It then slowed down to the point of freezing, at which point I promptly restarted the tablet. It started up and froze on the splash screen. I started it into TWRP and upon restarting from there was met with a message saying no OS was installed. In short, what do I do to fix this, if anything?

I'd say that since another user over at XDA is also having a similar problem, it may be a problem with the rom. I'd suggest trying to find another one, but I fear that there just not bee a lot of options out there.

There are a lot of 7" tablet at Amazon that are under $100. I'm not sure the effort to revive this one is worth it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
https://www.cnet.com/products/rca-7-voyager-tablet-android-4-4-kitkat-8-gb-7/specs/

With only 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage there's not a lot you can do to improve its overall performance. In real world usage, the hardware itself is just too marginal no matter what ROM you flash it with. Stop aggravating yourself by expecting it to do more than it's capable of and just start shopping for something newer and better. The holiday season is coming up and there will most likely be all kinds of specials available.

Upvote 0
I'd say that since another user over at XDA is also having a similar problem, it may be a problem with the rom. I'd suggest trying to find another one, but I fear that there just not bee a lot of options out there.

There are a lot of 7" tablet at Amazon that are under $100. I'm not sure the effort to revive this one is worth it.

Well, it isn't that I have been at it for two years, it is sort of a pet project really. It was bricked, and I am just proud it got past the boot screen. I do not have the money at the moment to buy a new one, but I am fine. I was really just curious more than anything if someone had found a way to fix it or had a dump of the v28.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones