• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OS failed. What do I do?

jmrom

Lurker
Jun 6, 2014
I have a Samsung Droid Charge. Its a couple years old, but I do like this phone. I'm trying to let my contract expire so I can change networks so I don't want to use an upgrade to get a new phone. My phone was acting wierd so I did a restart. When it tried to come back up it got stuck in the boot animation or whatever its called (the red anchor). I called Samsung and they told me to take it to the Samsung experience at Best Buy so a tech could re flash it. He wasn't able to because his computer could not see the connection to the phone. He told me to load the OS on the flash card and from recovery mode, tell it to start from SD. I can't find the operating system anywhere on line. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please? I formatted the sd card because the tech told me to. Whatever os was on there before is gone. I'm stuck using my old phone that only makes phone calls. Grrr!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones