• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.9

I had mentioned that this prevents the triangle before

The only way to prevent the yellow triangle that I'm aware of is to enter downloading mode with
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
before you use Odin

(this will not remove the triangle... It just prevents it from appearing)

Are you saying that this will actually remove it?

And is it necessary to use Odin to be successful?

Upvote 0
If you got signature verification failed then you probably still have the stock recovery.
If the phone boots fully after flashing cwm, before flashing the su.zip, then cwm will get overwritten with the stock recovery.

You need to flash cwm with Odin
pull the battery
boot directly into cwm
Flash the superuser.zip
And select reboot system now

It should prompt you to disable recovery flash. Select yes.

how do u boot into cwm? i hav decided to giv this a go again

Upvote 0
1) Download the above files
2) Extract Odin3-3.04.zip and copy the CWM-Rush-M830-Final.tar into the folder (or CWM-Touch-Rush-m830.tar if you go for the touch version)
3) Run Odin as an administrator

I extracted the above files but when i click on the CWM Rush Final.tar it opens in NERO? I dont understand how to copy it into Odin

Upvote 0
hi does the super user method work for android version 4.1.2

hi and welcome to the forums! :)

The method in the first post still works just fine on 4.1.2

Just remember, if you let the phone fully boot before entering clockwork recovery the phone will reinstall the stock recovery and you will not be able to flash the superuser.zip

Reactions: kskillz
Upvote 0
I don't see the blue square in the ID COM box. I have been waiting for 10 minutes.
The phone is showing:

Downloading
Do not turn off target

I also reboot my computer. Still doesn't work.
I just tried it on another computer Windows 7 64bit. Same problem.
This is a new phone.
Please help?

Product: SPH-M830
Version: M830VPBMD5
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom

I run odin as admin.
My phone has android version 4.1.2

Upvote 0
I don't see the blue square in the ID COM box. I have been waiting for 10 minutes.
The phone is showing:

Downloading
Do not turn off target

I also reboot my computer. Still doesn't work.
I just tried it on another computer Windows 7 64bit. Same problem.
This is a new phone.
Please help?

Product: SPH-M830
Version: M830VPBMD5
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom

I run odin as admin.
My phone has android version 4.1.2

If you don't see the com id you do not have the drivers installed

they can be downloaded from here:
Support - More Cell Phone Providers SPH-M830 | Samsung Cell Phones

Also, unless Odin is actually installing something, it's safe to reboot the phone. It isn't actually installing anything until you tell it to:)

Upvote 0
Hmmm...I **FINALLY** got CWM Touch to work...but using Odin has wiped my external SD *every single time*. Also, is there a more permanent solution to get the custom recovery? I'm not exactly fond of having to go through the annoying process of using Odin to put CWM back on this thing every time I select reboot system because it wants to go back to stock...

Wait...hold that thought. After flashing Superuser, CWM didn't give me any lip about reverting back to stock.

Upvote 0
I've rooted 3 of my Rush's, but the 4th one is giving me an issue. I get through the odin process just fine, it tells me it's successful, but when I try to reboot into clockwork, it doesn't seem to be there. It's a different interface titled "Android System Recovery <3e>". And there's no option to install from SD so I can't flash superuser. What might be happening?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones