• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] CM-10 for Galaxy Reverb from Jimmy422 and Interloper

@xInterlopeRx can i take a look at the device tree so far... whats ur git?

https://github.com/xInterlopeRx

And with that I must say I can not continue with this, or any other, project. After a series of conversations with my wife we have decided to cut out anything we don't need. Our phone/internet service is through a rural co-op and costs $160 mo so we must cut it. We will be suspending our cell service and doing without that as well. My apologies to all.

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
Seeing as how some of our key devs are gone... Any chance of anyone picking this project back up? With the official jb update our chances of porting over CM10 or even 10.1 look better than ever yet not much is being done about this.

It's a shame such a good phone has to be held back by its lack of developers.

In all honesty the whole point was to get Jelly Bean and to speed it up. Now that we have a stock Jelly Bean, a way to root, a great touch recovery, and flashable custom kernels we can do all of those things. Garbage bloatware can be removed and/or replaced. It just takes some work, but it's worth it when you get your software exactly as you want it. It's almost a wasted effort at this point for somebody to really bust their butts to build Jelly Bean based roms anyway being that there is already talk of Android 5.0, which we should start seeing in October.

Upvote 0
Yeah well 4.1.2 roms for the reverb (stock included) have far too many bugs that make upgrading to jellybean undesirable. I've been running JB for a month and I can't believe how buggy it is.

Well I'm pretty sure most of our best and brightest on the reverb forum jumped ship and moved on to their other projects. Shame really, for such a good phone be limited by stock.

I'm probably going to trade mine in for another phone sometime soon.

Upvote 0
Great news for you!
Samsung released a 3.4 kernel (it is from the Galaxy Ring, but should work for Galaxy Reverb and Rush, too). You just have to compile it.
You can download it from the OSRC, but it is available from my github, without any modifications (look for the OSRC-3.4 tag). https://github.com/czobor/android_kernel_samsung_msm7x30

Thanks man! I'll see if I can get it working on the Rush and Reverb.
Awesomeness!

Upvote 0
I have long since replaced my Reverb with a S3 but out of morbid curiosity how would the new kernel benefit it at all? Most of us have already pushed this device well beyond its limitations.

I'm not sure about Samsung's kernel, but I found mrg666's custom kernel to be a great improvement. It got rid of a lot of the unnecessary stuff that was bogging the system down and freed up about 100 MB of RAM.

Upvote 0
I would go for ten first. That's a jelly bean right? 4.4.2? This phone is stock 4.1.2. CM11 would be the bomb. That is 4.4.4 yes? I'm sure it will run either port.

Thats a good idea, I'll build 10 first and we can make sure everything is structurely sound and works and then ill build 11 directly after. Yes CM 11 is 4.4.4 :)

Reactions: crazynapkinman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones