• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

our(IT'S OFFICIAL) Loser in Chief (trump)

let's call a spade a spade. its pretty much official. trump lost to President-elect Joe Biden.

he is a loser and will always be a loser. he lost almost 30 of his election fraud cases showing absolutely no evidence that there was any kind of broad conspiracy to see him lose. his pathetic team of lawyers headed by gulianni are bat shit crazy spitting conspiracies left and right. i mean the dead dictator chavez is to blame for trumps loss? what crazy shit are they smoking???

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Draft-dodger. It may not bother him but ask any US veteran drafted or volunteer and it doesn't get much lower. Even religious objectors to fighting/war could deal with say medic or admin. He could have been a clerk with all that education. He was and is unpatriotic.
Humping the flag doesn't count as patriotic.
I'm going to be a bit controversial here and say that draft-dodging itself doesn't bother me. This is because I don't accept the legitimacy of military conscription in the first place(*), so it's hard for me to object to non-compliance in and of itself. That's particularly true when, as with Vietnam, there was no threat to the state itself and the draft was purely to persue a political policy.

What I don't find acceptable is people who made that choice then indulging in macho posturing about military power, boasting implausibly about their physical bravery, or, most offensively, ordering others to do what they chose not to do themselves.

The fact that the ability to avoid the draft depended mainly on the privileges of the individual is of course one considerable injustice. The fact that those same privileges are what allow draft-dodgers like George W and Trump to gain positions of power over others is another.

(*) I do however find it amusing that many on the political right, who in almost all other spheres demand that individual choice is more important than the common good, have no problem with military conscription. Certainly we see that in my country, and I imagine it's the same in yours.

Upvote 0
Actually my father's experience of (military) national service was one of the things that convinced me that I would never join the British military. His hearing was damaged while testing the initial (faulty) batch of self-loading rifles, which meant that he was classified as unfit for combat deployment. Until a "situation" flared-up in the Middle East, when they changed his medical classification in front of him and shipped him out. Fortunately it never came to fighting, and when he returned to the UK it was all "oh, terribly sorry for that administrative error, don't know how that could have happened", but it said to me "this is an organisation you cannot trust, they will use you as they see fit and then they will lie to protect themselves".

Funny thing is that he didn't hold that against them the way I would have. But he never forgave them for the way they treated other personnel, including conscripts, from another base he was posted to: they had been sent to Christmas Island for the Operation Grapple H-bomb tests. I read the operations manual for that deployment (one of the people who was there gave it to my Dad, who arrived at the base in the UK while most of the unit were away at the tests), and my reaction was that even with what was known in the late 50s (i.e. more than a decade after Hiroshima and Nagasaki) the precautions and protective measures described there were obviously inadequate. The Army exposed those people knowingly, then the MoD kept it secret and spent decades blocking any attempt to gain compensation for what they did. And as far as my Dad was concerned the British military had used his friends as guinea pigs, then discarded them and put protecting their own reputation above helping the people they had harmed.

Anyway we are very off-topic now, but those bits of family experience did nothing to convince me of the legitimacy of military conscription - though as I'd already decided by the time I was seven that it was unjust for some politician to force other people to die to keep them safe or get what they wanted, I don't think I was ever going to buy into that concept ;). (And yes, I'd already decided by that age that it was politicians who gave such orders, not "the country", that "patriotism" was something they wanted you to feel so that they could control you, and that the best way to ensure that wars didn't happen would be if those people had to be in the front line themselves. I don't think there was ever much hope for me really...).

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
So one thing I really do find odd about the US system: the power of the President to overturn (federal) court processes and pardon individuals irrespective of the facts of the case (including pardoning them in advance of any charges). Certainly there are injustices that occur and which appeals systems are far too slow in dealing with, but a system that puts such (essentially monarchical) power in one politician's hands is open to abuse, and is indeed abused with impugnity for both political and personal ends. There's been one example of what so far today, not Trump's first and surely not his last, but in this at least he's doing nothing unusual: the fact is that other Presidents from both parties have issued self-serving pardons to associates as well.

Of course pardoning powers exist in many countries. But in most they rest with governing bodies rather than individuals, are used rarely, and the only countries where I recall seeing them used in such a nakedly self-serving way are not democracies (Saudi Arabia comes to mind). So I'm always a little puzzled that US society tolerates this and no effort is ever made to introduce some check: there will be some media fuss for a little, there have even been senate votes condemning some pardons before now, but nobody ever seems to think of doing something that might make actually make any difference. And that always strikes me as odd.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yep both parties. president Bill Clinton did something similar on his last days of office, pardoning people from the the Whiterwater scandel.....he ended up pardoning over 140 people on his very last days of office.

so it will not be very surprising that trump will surpass that number.

i agree @Hadron. we need more oversight over this process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
and looked what happened to trump

he incited the coupe. a woman was killed because of him. he had a rally and even gugilani(however you spell his stupid name) called for a "trial by combat". how irresponsible is that?

is there a law about inciting a riot?
according to this....yes
https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-...Federal Anti-Riot Act,a riot; or to organize,

i am glad that Congress decided to get back on their feet to show that these idiots including trump that they would not be stopped from doing their duty to count the votes and hand the presidency to Joe Biden.

Upvote 0
ocnbrze said:
a woman was killed because of him

That is a reach around if I have ever heard one !

An UNARMED US citizen was exercising her right to peaceful protest and was shot and killed by Captol Police !

How many Antifa/BLM rioters throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails, bricks, and burning down buildings have been shot and killed by the establishment while protecting the peace ?

Inquiring minds wanna know ...

Upvote 0
That is a reach around if I have ever heard one !

An UNARMED US citizen was exercising her right to peaceful protest and was shot and killed by Captol Police !

How many Antifa/BLM rioters throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails, bricks, and burning down buildings have been shot and killed by the establishment while protecting the peace ?

Inquiring minds wanna know ...
sorry but that was not peaceful. she was breaking and entering a government building!!!!! every single one of those idiots (though they do not deserve to be shot) should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest.

i agree any idiot in a riot who vandalizes should be prosecuted as well especially those rioters over the summer. totally agree with that.

but the thing is that these particular idiots were incited by trump and guglyiani. his tweets and that stupid rally he did right before the storming of the Capitol only accomplished to enrage the crowd which in turn focused that rage as they stormed away. i also blame those idiot republican congressman who objected to the states certified votes yesterday.

i dont think it is a stretch:
Assualt on democracy
Trump has blood on his hands
Hawley has blood on his hands

Upvote 0
Never give up. NEVER Surrender.
DJT.
12 days left.
well looks like he has no other option. he is now banned on all social media.....PERMANENTLY!!!!!!! THANK THE F@CK!!!!!

the votes have been certified by Congress. the Supreme Court will not hear his case. he tried to overthrow Congress by inciting a mob......that did not work. do not know what's left. Pelosi has been talking to the top goverment official running the military to not listen to trump, just in case he decides to go to war or launch nuclear missiles out of spite.

there's talk of impeachment now. and i doubt the 25th article will be invoked by pence........so he is done!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones