• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overheating

Mine overheats when I use Waze, listen to audio via Bluetooth at the same time. Of course using a windshield mount in the sun worsens the situation. When I use a CD slot phone mount, I am able to angle the air vents to the phone which cools it down quickly.
Mine gets really hot when charging and playing Real Racing 3, but it has never stopped charging or any other strange thing when hot. Does just fine when hot.
I will use it as a pocket warmer when winter gets here.
Thank y'all for the replies. The hottest I've gotten so far has been 113f. Could be better could be worse. I'm just glad I'm not the only one was fearing a defective device. I wish I could use a pocket warmer, but even winter here isn't usually cold enough for that.
Anthony.

Reactions: arkansawdave74
Upvote 0
Thank y'all for the replies. The hottest I've gotten so far has been 113f. Could be better could be worse. I'm just glad I'm not the only one was fearing a defective device. I wish I could use a pocket warmer, but even winter here isn't usually cold enough for that.
Anthony.
Is it your battery or cpu that gets to 113? Cuz that's about where my battery gets when I'm having trouble. My cpu gets to 160 or more, but only when I'm plugged in and doing high-volume stuff. When is not plugged in, it heats up, but nowhere near hot. I haven't experienced any major trouble it when it IS hot, other than worrying about it. Also, i thought it was just a rom issue, being on roms other than stock, but i found out that's not a factor, cuz going back to my original backup didn't change a thing. Anyway, hope this info helps...

Reactions: arkansawdave74
Upvote 0
Is it your battery or cpu that gets to 113? Cuz that's about where my battery gets when I'm having trouble. My cpu gets to 160 or more, but only when I'm plugged in and doing high-volume stuff. When is not plugged in, it heats up, but nowhere near hot. I haven't experienced any major trouble it when it IS hot, other than worrying about it. Also, i thought it was just a rom issue, being on roms other than stock, but i found out that's not a factor, cuz going back to my original backup didn't change a thing. Anyway, hope this info helps...
113 is my battery temperature. Not sure how to measure cpu temperature. So what do you think it is cpu throttling?. Or sometimes it seems the phone doesn't vent enough to keep a cooler temperature, that also seems possible. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.
Anthony.

Reactions: hammerdroid
Upvote 0
To my knowledge:

Our CPU can hit 180°F and be fine.
Our battery can hit 120°F and be fine.

Prolonged use at that temp can degrade the battery badly (100% charge is lower than new).

CPU should be fine chugging along at that temp if the battery stays cool (almost impossible).

If you want the phone to stay cool, activate the hidden power save features. It throttles the GPU (period), and throttles the CPU (dynamic). It turns off background data and all wakelocks. Fully activated, makes this a phone first, computer second. I can get 3 days on one charge with it. Have to manually sync everything but texts and calls though.

Upvote 0
To my knowledge:

Our CPU can hit 180°F and be fine.
Our battery can hit 120°F and be fine.

Prolonged use at that temp can degrade the battery badly (100% charge is lower than new).

CPU should be fine chugging along at that temp if the battery stays cool (almost impossible).

If you want the phone to stay cool, activate the hidden power save features. It throttles the GPU (period), and throttles the CPU (dynamic). It turns off background data and all wakelocks. Fully activated, makes this a phone first, computer second. I can get 3 days on one charge with it. Have to manually sync everything but texts and calls though.

And then go join the forums group for the ZTE Zmin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I doubt anyone will answer this but is there a solution for this my phone does this all the time and idk how to fix it I'm running aokp ROM running android 7.1.2 but any version of android including stock 4.4.2 does it will governor change fix it its set to on demand ATM if so what governor should I run?
It's really a kernel thing bit if ya wanna try Govs, maybe see if conservative works.. Although I doubt it. You could possibly flash a Warp Sync kernel (sister devices, shouldn't break much)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones