• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Page Plus Billing/Call Records

4matheus

Lurker
Dec 21, 2014
Very new to cell phones, as a result I have a lot of confusion. I am addressing billing confusion. In another thread I hope to address some of the steps for setup/Settings procedures.

On December 15th I activated a LG800 with 100 minutes($10)/120 days to be used only in an emergency, if my VoIP fails due to loss of internet feed or electrical power outage, which happens very rarely. I will do no texting, messaging, or online use. The phone will be used for emergency outgoing calls only.

I checked the online Call Records and I'm concerned about usage. My $10 starting amount was initially reduced to $9.64 during the setup and activation with Page Plus. Five days later it is was at $9.35. During those 5 days I made one 10 cent phone call "(Successful O/G calls)". At this rate it won't last 120 days.

The Call Records show 11 1 penny "Data (Data Usage)" charges.
There's a 5 cent "Data (SMS,Mobile Web)" charge that shows for the Number a 0 and for Usage also a 0.
A 10 cent, 1 minute "Successful O/G calls"associated with my VoIP Number.
An 11 cent, 3 minute "Data (Data Usage)" associated with my VoIP Number.
One 1 minute 10 cent call that I made to my VoIP line to make sure the phone is working.

I realize that to many cell users all of this is must be very basic and most probably very understandable but to me it is a concern. I would like to conserve my credit over the 120 days. I would appreciate any suggestions in this regard.

Also, I have a notice that someone I don't know sent me a message. I didn't read it. How do I stop messages from coming in?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones