• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "PC Sync" calendar TO google calendar - possible?

knightwing44

Apr 25, 2010
Hi all,

I've been using my phone's calendar A LOT more than I originally thought I would. All this time I have been using the PC Sync option instead of the xxxxx@gmail.com option when creating new events.

How can I "translate" / sync the "PC Sync" calendar events to my google calendar? Been trying a bunch of stuff with no success.

HELP ... PLEASE ... :)

thanks
Knight

Ohh, I made the decision to use my works calendar as a base but enter in the information on Calendar Pad and have different color coded labels for work, home, events, etc.

I am able to view my MSFT exchange mail/calendar/contacts from my phone through the remote webmail address. It is an extra step but I gave up on Google+MSFT making anything compatible.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I've been using my phone's calendar A LOT more than I originally thought I would. All this time I have been using the PC Sync option instead of the xxxxx@gmail.com option when creating new events.

How can I "translate" / sync the "PC Sync" calendar events to my google calendar? Been trying a bunch of stuff with no success.

thanks
Knight

My wife has used the PC Sync calendar on her HTC Desire a ton. But now we want to move (copy/snyc) all those entries to Google Calendar so that she has one calendar for phone, ipad, and work PC.

She (nor I) use outlook. Is there anyway to export or copy all the entries in PC Sync on the phone to her Google Calendar?

From this point on she will select "user@email.com" instead of PC Sync. Same thing goes for the Contacts. We want to copy/move/sync all the contacts from the "phone" to Google Contacts so they are all in one place. I can't believe there is not a simple solution for this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0
My solution was to use a replacement calendar front app I like called Business Calendar Free. I remembered that, unlike the stock calendar app, it lets you change which calendar an appointment is assigned to when you edit the appointment. I had it display only my PC Sync calendar, and then I proceeded to edit each and every appointment to change the calendar to the Google account calendar. Then I hid the PC Sync calendar so that I wouldn't accidentally add new appointments to it.

Upvote 0
Solved by a free app. I bought my new phone a few months ago and finally discovered that my new phone's call tracker app has been logging to a "PC Sync" calendar instead of my usual "me@gmail.com" calendar. I needed those entries on my "me@gmail.com" calendar, and I sure didn't want to individually rewrite each entry. Here's the five minute solution that it took me a few hours to find:
1. Downloaded a free android app that exported the phone's PC Sync calendar to an "ical" file on my phone's SD card. "iCal Import / Export V.2.0" did the job perfectly & easily!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.drlue.icalimportexport
2. Moved the "ical" file to my PC. I did this by emailing the file from my phone to my PC using Gmail. (Presumably this step could have been skipped if I were willing to do step 3 using the "desktop" version of Google calendar in my phone's browser.)
3. On the desktop version of Google Calendar, imported the "ical" file. Went into calendar settings (by clicking the same place you click to create a new calendar). Chose the import option. Imported the "iCal" file into the existing "me@gmail" calendar. NB this process didn't remove any data from the "me@gmail" calendar, just added the PC Sync data as hoped. Was very easy and worked like a charm.

Reactions: Majaroo
Upvote 0
I found a solution, it worked for me, so it may work for you as well. I had to use the app aCalendar. And then in the phone calendar app, be sure to select both the pc sync calendar and the calendar you want to change each event to. And now in aCalendar you can edit each individual each event and change the calendar to a new one

Upvote 0
For all you brainiacs out there responding without even understanding the issue at hand. The android calendar app has a calendar on it called PC Sync, which is a very misleading label. Its a calendar only on the phone app, so syncing phone and pc wont solve the issue of google calendar not recognizing the calendar, and in the android calendar app you cant change the calendar after an event has been created. Its really frustrating, but much of the issue is that the android calendar and google calendar apps dont get along very well. I cant seem to get changes i make to my calendar on my pc show up on the android app, so im sure i wont be using the android app any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out. Then I stumbled upon the solution.

Step One click on the PC sync calender entry you want to convert to google synced and then click the top right hand three options dots...

Step two choose copy to... Option It will give your Google account calender email as the option click it. It will bring up your entry, no changes needed just click save on top right hand corner. This will copy your entry and multiply entries you might have reoccuring through your calendar.

Step three now you have a PC sync entry and a blue Google entry. Click the PC sync brown entry and again click top right hand three options dots ...

Step four click delete and choose to delete multiple entries or just delete single entry. This will not affect the copies you has made that are blue and Google synced now.

Now Go through all your entries and change them all this way.

Make sure for your future events and reminder entries to click correct sync, once should do and the future entries should automatically be google synced if not choose this option before saving event into calendar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-29~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-29~3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-33~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-33~3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-37~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-37~3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 339
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-46~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-46~3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 644
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-15-39~5.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-15-39~5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-15-39~4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-15-39~4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-29~4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-29~4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-33~4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-33~4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-12-02~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-12-02~3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-12-12~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-12-12~3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 497
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-12-12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-12-12~2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-22~4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-01-11-22~4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,

thanks
Knight

Hey I found the answer. It's way easier than all this other crap people are saying to do. Just click on the event or whatever it is and click the three dots at the top right and that's where you see the option to delete it. But you also see duplicate. Click that. It's self-explanatory from there. That was so easy I can't believe nobody else said that and if they did I didn't feel like reading through all the answers LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones