• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Permanently cancel selected Google Assistant reminders

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
According to my Google Reminder list, I have 95 completed reminders, but no matter what steps I take, I am flooded daily with these same so-called past reminder that I have already deleted, but either mysteriously reappear listed in the "At A Time" list as "overdue" or as normal reminders right below the "overdue" reminders.

BTW, What is an "overdue" reminder?

Furthermore, Even if they do not reappear on the active reminder list, I still get reminders from the completed list, and who knows where else?

And if you try to remove an item from the "Completed" list, it puts it back on the active list.

I searched for answers, but most of the suggestions refer to the Google Calendar. Google Calendar related reminders apparently have similar issues, but for me, this is a Google Assistant reminder problem.

If i turn off Google notifications, will that stop the reminders? If so, what other side effects can I expect, i.e. will turning off the notifications stop clock alarms.

I just want it to stop. How do I purge the reminder list for good?

I thought I'd try again to find a solution for this. I didn't realize someone responded until now.

This has nothing to do with the Google Calendar.

This is about the "Google Assistant" reminders. I have disabled them, hoping by now the problems would be taken care of, but nothing has changed.

I'm looking for someone else who has experienced problems with "Google Assistant" reminders.

I'd also like to know if there is somewhere online on a PC where you can delete the reminders.

Upvote 0
Why do you not think that it isn't an issue with the Calendar app?

You have disabled Google Assistant reminders, yet are still getting notifications.

Have you also disabled the notifications on the Calendar?

Have you tried a different Calendar app?

I have had so many problems with Google and their horrible apps, that I waste no time in ridding a new device of all of them, and replacing them with better.

I won't even use the stock Calculator app.

Upvote 0
I have never used the Google Calendar.

I have not received a reminder for the past year (since my OP) because I disabled Google Assistant Reminders.

However, all those old reminders I mentioned are still present in the Google Assistant reminder list, and I still can't get rid of them.

I can relate to your frustration with some of these apps, I would happily use another app, but, as far as I know, there are no other voice activated reminder apps. Can you recommend such a tool?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones