• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pet Foods

LGee3

Aug 4, 2019
Hill Country Texas
Sirloin flavored Dog food, Filet Mignon. Really ? Dogs have No concept of cuts of meat Or that Humans pay a ridiculous amount of money for meat. You could smother a dried up hot dog in lard and to the dog it is HEAVEN !!! What aboutvthe QA folks at ALPO tasting the food ? ' Wow, this gruel DOES taste like a Sirloin from one of Wulfgang Puck's reataurants !!! 😃

Reactions: Steven58
i know some people who have their dogs on a raw meat diet. not sure what cuts of meat they get, but it does sound more expensive.
My dog got a terrible stomach bug last week. I had to feed her boiled chicken or burger with white rice. I don't think I'll ever get her to eat kibble again. :mad:

Upvote 0
Apart from health needs and such I think the fine cuts are more for the owners than the pets.

On another note, I've seen pets being treated better than humans. MRIs, teeth implants (cosmetic dentistry, etc).. Some people have too much money. lol (Steven runs away from those here who pamper their pets so.)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
i know some people who have their dogs on a raw meat diet. not sure what cuts of meat they get, but it does sound more expensive.
The concept of creating dog food with flavors like sirloin or filet mignon is primarily a marketing strategy aimed at appealing to pet owners rather than the dogs themselves. Dogs do not have the same nuanced taste preferences as humans, and their primary considerations are usually based on smell and texture.

While dogs do have taste buds and can distinguish between different flavors, their palates are not as complex as those of humans. They are more attracted to the smell of food rather than the specific flavors. The use of terms like sirloin or filet mignon in dog food branding is meant to suggest high quality or gourmet ingredients to pet owners who may be more likely to purchase such products.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones