• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phandroid Problems!!! (please read) UPDATED!

Someone was able to inject an iframe via a sidebar widget on phandroid. They used this iframe to link to a site which contains malware.

Because of the footer and some other linked pages, sites other than phandroid in the neverstill universe were affected with the WARNING not the actual link to malware.

To my best estimate everything should come back to normal shortly and google should remove the warning, otherwise sleep may not be in my future.

Upvote 0
Yeah, and noticing some browser specific issues:

- In Firefox 9.01 (Windows 7) the pages around the forums all have this:

n1cfvl.jpg

- In Internet Explorer 8, the pages here display normally, but used links don't refresh (never saw that before); in other words, clicking into an emboldened thread link will not cause that thread title link to return to normal non-bold font when going back to the thread list.

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same issues in FF. Part of me wonders if it's part of the ad blocking extensions I'm using.

I turned off all extensions and addons in FF, the display issue remains.

I just fired up Safari (still on Windows 7) and see nothing of the display issues (edit: although I did see the malware warning popup in Safari a bit ago).

So.. it appears that our venerable Firefox is a weak link in all this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones